Texas Health Resources Administrative Supervisor Registered Nurse PRN in Stephenville, Texas
Texas Health Stephenville has a PRN opportunity for an RN Administrative Supervisor. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Minimum Education Required:
Associate's Degree Graduate of an accredited
Bachelor's Degree Nursing Preferred
Supervisors hired or promoted within THR after April 1, 2017, require completion of BSN within 2
years of start date.
Minimum Experience Required:
5 Years Experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor)
3 Years Emergency and/or critical care nursing Preferred
Licensure / Certification Required:
RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support 60 Days
NRP - Neonatal Resuscitation Program 6 Months TNCC - Trauma Nursing Core Course 12 Months
PALS - Pediatric Advanced Life Support 6 Months or
ENPC - Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course 12 Months
Variable Shifts, includes some weekends and holidays
Skills & Abilities:
Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act. Proactive problem solving skills, good interpersonal, verbal, written and computer skills. Excellent prioritization.
• Assists with facilitating meal breaks
• Calls for help from Central Staffing or Hospital/Neighborhood staffing
• Is vigilant for the possibility of mandatory overtime, assuring that it does not occur
• Mentors and supports staff
• Supports staff compliance to human resource policies
• Clarifies and supports all policies governing behaviors and on the job injuries
• Assists in orientation and development of staff and new leaders
• Keeps staff informed of new developments, new policies, and other change issues
• Communicates observations and concerns about staff performance to managers and directors
• Serves as employee health after hours/weekends
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT/PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY
• Continues professional education and growth through formal and informal means
• Seeks learning opportunities for professional growth and role enhancement
• Continues to develop nursing knowledge and skills as well as management and leadership knowledge and skills
• Active participation in Nursing/Hospital Committee
• Complies with hospital policies, the Nurse Practice Act and the ANA Code of Ethics
• Promotes and demonstrates the professional image of nursing in demeanor, appearance, attitude and behavior
• Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication
• For Central Staffing Administrative Supervisors, requirement includes deployment without exception based upon entity
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes
• Incorporates evidence-based practice and research to monitor and continuously impact outcomes
• Provides evidence of participation in process improvement activities
• Assumes responsibility for/participates in projects to improve care
• Works one-on-one with other departments to resolve issues
• Has a strong knowledge-base of regulatory standards; identifies non-compliance during rounding; and initiates correction as
• Participates in TJC constant readiness activities
• Enforces staff adherence to safety goals in care delivery. Safety checklists/quality controls are completed are required.
• Models the use of High Reliability Organization (HRO) tools in everyday practice and situations and encourages staff to do the
• Assists with the development of and serves as a resource to others for new systems and entity based initiatives. Supports
ongoing support of these changes.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville is a full-service, 98-bed hospital serving Erath and surrounding counties since 1926. The hospital offers surgical services, women’s and infants’ services, advanced diagnostic imaging, sleep lab and a wound care program. Texas Health Stephenville has received accreditation as a Level IV trauma center, Cycle III Chest Pain Center by Society of Chest Pain Centers and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The hospital was named a Baby-Friendly Hospital by the World Health Organization and received Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Stephenville is about an hour away from Fort Worth, so if peaceful surroundings in a rural area are the style you're looking for in your career, consider Texas Health Stephenville.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.