Security Service Federal Credit Union Credit Analyst - Commercial Credit Management in San Antonio, Texas
This position reports to the Supervisor - Commercial Credit Manager, and under direct supervision is responsible, for providing analytical, and credit support in accordance with Commercial Loan policies and procedures.
All employees should demonstrate our SSFCU core values -- Caring, Innovative, Honest, Fair and dedicated -- while providing enthusiastic, professional, and courteous service to SSFCU members and employees.
Essential Job Functions
- Spreads and performs limited analysis of financial statements, including cash flows, performance ratios, and proformas to assist Underwriter in developing assessments of strengths and weaknesses pertaining to a borrower's past and future performance
- Determines compliance with financial and non-financial covenants in accordance with CAM (Credit Approval Memorandum) and corresponding Loan Documents. Completes necessary reporting documentation and makes recommendations to assigned underwriter or Supervisor, as appropriate, to ensure timely recognition, tracking, and correction of possible violations/breaches
- May assist in preparing written analysis on loan relationships for presentation in the CAM. That may include management and borrower background, credit investigations of borrowers and guarantors and economic and market or industry conditions
- As appropriate, completes a comprehensive review the credit file and/or provided documentation necessary for completion of Annual Review or CAM. Works with loan officers and Loan Operations as necessary to obtain necessary or additional information
- Assists Underwriters and management to ensure credit integrity of the member business loan portfolio and that policy, procedures, practices, regulations and documentation requirements are being followed.
- Prepares department portfolio and other reports at the discretion of the Commercial Credit Risk Officer.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Participates in civic and/or community activities to generate visibility and awareness of the credit union's commercial products and services.
- Assignment of work is a management prerogative and consideration may be given to modifying duties and responsibilities at any time.
Education and Training
A Bachelor's degree in a business-related field with preference in Finance or Accounting or successful completion of a Financial Institution Credit Training program
Knowledge and Experience
- Requires one - two years of commercial credit analysis including spreading of financial statements for businesses or comparable training and experience.
- Current knowledge of Federal, State and NCUA regulations and statutes pertaining to all types of commercial lending, i.e. real estate, middle market, SBA, C&I.
- Requires knowledge of Personal Computer operations including Microsoft Office and related software and spreadsheet applications such as, Excel.
- Requires an understanding and knowledge of commercial lending, including credit analysis of financial information and administration of loan documentation.
- Requires oral and written communicative skills, including public speaking and interviewing experience.
- SEDENTARY WORK: Involves sitting most of the time. Walking & standing are required only occasionally. Close visual acuity to perform activities like analyzing data, typing, writing, and viewing a computer, reading, inspecting small parts, or assembling.
- Works may be performed in an office environment or remotely based on the business needs of the Commercial Services. The performance of job duties outside of the typical office setting may occur from time to time.
- May provide assistance and tasks at other locations or branches on an as needed basis. Evening and/or weekend shifts may be required.
- 24/7 operation, varying shifts including evenings and weekends.
We are an EEO/AA We are an EEO/AA/M/F employer that hires veterans and those with disabilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled