Sirius Computer Solutions Corporate Staff Accountant in San Antonio, Texas
Requisition Number 18-0237
Title Corporate Staff Accountant
City San Antonio
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
The Corporate Staff Accountant position is a critical position within the technical accounting department. The ideal candidate must have knowledge and experience with various Accounting functions such as General Ledger, A/P and A/R, must be able to perform complex monthly account reconciliations and able to perform analyses on critical Accounting issues.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for ensuring all intercompany transactions are reconciled and balanced prior to month-end close
• Assists in the monthly review and journal entry preparation of subsidiary trial balances
• Responsible for monthly consolidation and elimination entries for all entities
• Prepares monthly reconciliations including, but not limited to, intercompany accounts, equity accounts and investment in subsidiary accounts
• Assists entity Controllers with the coordination of month-end close process
• Responsible for researching unreconciled balances and preparing correcting journal entries
• Assists with semi-annual and annual compliance audits
• May assist with banking relationships and administrative functions related to online bank websites
• May assist with purchase accounting or due diligence for newly-acquired companies
• Performs complex reconciliations of accounting and financial records and systems
• Helps identify issues and assists in the analysis, resolution and communication of solutions
• Interacts with peers, management, outside vendors, etc. to enable and implement complex accounting system features and processes in accordance with GAAP
• Prepares proper documentation and records to ensure a concise audit trail
• Monitors the system of internal accounting controls to insure the safeguarding of company assets and compliance with company policies and procedure; recommends corrective action.
• Compiles ad-hoc reports for management as requested
• Works with and provides assistance to business units, business partners and customers with financial analyses of results, departmental budgets, accounting related research projects, program analysis and project support
• May be assigned analysis in support of organization’s annual budget process, expense/service fee/staffing forecasts, or statistical reporting
• Other duties and projects as needed to support the team
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
• All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
Requirements Position Requirements
Basic Qualifications -
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
• At least five (5) years of multi-entity Corporate GL experience including journal entries, account reconciliations and financial statement analysis
Other Position Requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures (GAAP)
• Demonstrated analysis, research and accounting resolution skills
• Working experience with large ERP software application
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet software
• Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under ambiguous guidelines
• Ability to communicate effectively both in written & verbal formats
• Demonstrated data entry and proofreading skills
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
• Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
• Knowledge of word processing applications
• Ability to work in a self-directed manner with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• CPA/MBA preferred
• Experience within a Big 4 CPA firm a plus
• Lawson ERP experience a plus
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.