Mattress Firm Payroll Specialist in Houston, Texas
Every day, Mattress Firm wakes up to the opportunity to improve the lives of our community and team members through our business. And each night, Mattress Firm goes to sleep a better place to work because of the individual contributions of our passionate team members, supported by our strong commitment to Improving You, both professionally and personally.
Ready to find your dream job?
Ensures payroll processes are aligned with the strategic goals of the Company in payroll administration, reporting, and administrative execution.
- Ability to apply payroll principles and procedures related to state and federal labor laws to appropriately calculate pay.
- Versed in all aspects of multi-state pay practices and multi-state labor laws applying knowledge of wage taxation to effectively compute appropriate tax withholding for regular and supplemental pay calculations.
- Monitors system updates for changes in work and residency locations to ensure correct jurisdiction and municipalities are appropriately set up.
- Ability to apply knowledge in identifying and reconciling all withholding tax issues for the correct allocation of taxable wages by appropriate jurisdictions.
- Independently processes accurate pay processing for weekly, biweekly, and semi-monthly payrolls according to processing schedules ensuring SOX compliance.
- Applies knowledge of pay reconciliation practices ensuring SOX compliance prior to file transmission.
- Analyzes and processes confidential payroll information in the production of payroll checks while maintaining confidentiality and judgement in safeguarding the procurement of information for audits.
- Applies knowledge of wage garnishment processing and laws associated with the different types of wage withholding orders received including research and resolution.
- Researches and resolves payroll inquiries and discrepancies timely.
- Processes on-demand payments as needed.
- Reconciles year-end W2s and produces W2Cs when required.
- Maintains a variety of payroll information, files and records to provide up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Completes other projects and special assignments as requested by supervisor and/or Senior Management.
- State and Federal regulations concerning payroll
- Accounting principles
- Microsoft Office products
- Excel (intermediate)
- 5+ years progressive cloud based payroll experience
- Workday experience preferred.
Internal applicants: deadline to apply Friday, February 9, 2018 @ 5PM CST.
Now don't fall asleep out there… the sooner that we receive your application, the closer you are to the career of your dreams!