SMG Administrative Assistant Event Services in Houston, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Services Administrative Assistant at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Administrative Assistant to join our Event Services team. The Administrative Assistant, under general supervision of the Director of Event Services, provides a variety of administrative and operations support to designated personnel and/or departments. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and the facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Draft letters, reports, and other correspondence in a timely, accurate manner. Compose routine correspondence not requiring a Supervisor's attention.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors, and provide routine information regarding events, operations, policies, and procedures.
- Process event assignments as directed, including posting them to the EBMS and communicating all assignments to event staff in a timely manner.
- Process the internal meetings calendar on behalf of SMG and the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo to ensure correct dates, times, meeting layouts and meeting needs are being met
- Assist in filing the correct staffing job orders for all internal Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo internal meetings
- Maintain the signage and setup needs for the HCSCC monthly board meetings
- Assist Guest Services when needed with trams, lost and found, phones, and other duties requested
- Assist Exhibitor Services with Service Desk duties when requested
- Maintain the credentialing system in coordination with the Director and distribute large quantities of wristbands when requested
- Research and update daily calendar reports. Assist in the drafting, proofreading and processing of these reports and related documents.
- Process, route and file incoming and outgoing correspondence and ensure timely replies and/or action. Review all correspondence to remain informed of all activities and pertinent information.
- Maintain a variety of files and records of information such as attendance, event files, event settlements, expense records, and payroll reports.
- Maintain and order all necessary supplies and materials for the offices.
- Process timesheets and payroll for Part-Time event staff.
- Create post-event billing for settlements.
- Create agendas for weekly meetings, and PowerPoint presentations
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
Education and/or Experience
- Two (2) years of college level business training and a minimum of three (3) years' experience in a clerical or administrative position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide insight and suggestions pertaining to making the department more efficient.
- Ability to learn ABI time clock and event management software.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, FileMaker Pro, PowerPoint and other standard office equipment.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
How To Apply:
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1806.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled