University of Texas at Arlington Administrative Assistant I (S00889P) in Arlington, Texas
Administrative Assistant I (S00889P)
Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details. Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: If no high school diploma or GED, list highest grade completed; If some college or college degree, list school name, degree type, major.
Posting Number S00889P
Position Title Administrative Assistant I (S00889P)
Department Campus Recreation
Job Family Campus Recreation
Position Status Full-time
Work Hours Standard
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Open to External and Internal
Salary Salary is commensurate based on qualifications and relevant experience
Duration Funding expected to continue
Pay Basis Monthly
Benefits Eligible Yes
To provide varied administrative support of a unit’s routine business or academic activities. Responsible for a variety of administrative duties in a department requiring moderate exercise of independent judgment, initiative and ability to make decisions relative to office operations. Responsible for financial and administrative services of a large division or program or comprehensive operation and direction of smaller division or program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Position should include a large percentage of the following duties, but is not required to include all referenced duties**
- Relieves administrator of a wide variety of internal administrative duties and a large volume of decisions which require a thorough understanding of the functions, programs and policies of the University.
- Assists in the management of administrative staff services and in developing and implementing internal procedures.
- Maintains and reconciles departmental accounts, prepares the departmental budget, coordinates travel and prepares vouchers for payment or reimbursement.
- Maintains time leave usage, employee records, worker’s compensation, training and annual appointments for the organizational unit.
- Reviews and approves documents including purchase orders, vouchers, petty cash, deposits, transfer of funds and other departmental expenditures.
- Prepares, coordinates and types grants, including all accompanying forms and documentation.
- Maintains financial ledgers for local, state and grant accounts and assists in monitoring, administering and coordinating departmental budgets.
- Types manuscripts for publication, letters, forms, exams, course syllabi and departmental vouchers.
- Maintains calendar of events and arranges schedules and meetings.
- Designs and/or executes an effective system of internal controls concerning records retention, and develops and updates retention schedules and a manual of operating procedures for records retention, storage and destruction.
- Supervises and assists in the gathering and recording of data.
- Assimilates and compiles data using independent judgment in producing final reports.
- Conducts literature searches to obtain publications of interest.
- Acts as the unit liaison with other departments and with outside agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree with one year upper level secretarial experience or high school with five years of increasingly responsible administrative, secretarial and clerical experience with one year of supervisory experience.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Use of personal computer and standard office equipment. Proficiency in all phases of work performed. Usual office environment.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties and 2) Education: If no high school diploma or GED, list highest grade completed; If some college or college degree, list school name, degree type, major.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
What is the highest level of education attained?
High School Diploma
How much upper level secretarial, administrative, or clerical experience do you have?
None/less than 1 year
2 to 3 years
3 to 4 years
5 years or more
How many years of Administrative support experience do you have?
10 or more
What is your skill level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)? (Proficient is the highest skill level)
Are you a current employee of the university?
Documents Needed To Apply
Resume or CV