Pep Boys Store Service Manager in Waco, Texas
Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20 distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
Responsible for achieving expected sales goals across the service labor, parts, and fleet business and providing superior customer service through in-store execution of programs, initiatives and standards. The position is directly responsible for maintaining adequate shop productivity. The Store Manager will recruit, hire, develop, and provide inspirational leadership and direction to the service selling and back shop teams. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional related job responsibilities as needed and assigned. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain responsibility for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct and indirect reports in compliance with policies, procedures, loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes, and laws.
- Direct, instruct, and manage a team of associates, including assigning, supervising, and appraising work; rewarding, motivating, counseling and disciplining associates; addressing associate complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for productivity, profitability, work environment, relationships, visual presentation standards, and operational compliance of the store; measured through various reporting tools, associates observations and Area Director feedback.
- Train and coach service selling associates on "Customer Care Process", Courtesy Vehicle Inspections (CVIs), and general operation of store systems.
- Keep store staffing and talent at optimal levels to ensure operating efficiency and top service levels. Source key shop (technician) and selling positions regularly in order to have talent readily available for increased staffing and customer needs. Partners as appropriate to interview, hire, demote, and promote external and internal candidates.
- Monitor the shop productivity, workflow, and procedures with an emphasis on efficiency, thoroughness, and safety. Largely responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the back shop, such as ensuring that the service staff complete CVIs and proper service repairs.
- Ensure the execution of customer service standards and customer satisfaction programs, and ensure the equitable resolution of customer complaints. Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit, check, refund and return policies.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to all point of sale (POS) transactions, inventory integrity, reverse logistics and purchase for re-sale parts (OP) procurement and vendor payment practices.
- Partner with the Fleet business team to maintain and build Fleet service customer relationships.
- Advise associates, technicians, and customers on tires, parts and service programs.
- Effectively communicates with all store associates, managers, and customers.
- Key holder and responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of experience in automotive service environment.
- Completion of a two-year college, technical program, or one to three (1-3) years of service industry experience and a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Acted as a work lead or supervisor previously.
- Ability to exercise judgement and to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Comfortable utilizing up-sell techniques.
- Strong cash handling skills, including the use of POS systems.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, handle sensitive date and multi-task so that deadlines can be met.
- High organized and able to prioritize and manage time efficiently with the ability to handle stress in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Reporting: Area Director
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend
Type of Store: Service
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 01726
Location Name: PBY TX Valley Mills Dr & Frank-01726