Stantec Civil Engineer in Training in San Antonio, Texas
Stantec, a global leader in engineering, environmental, construction, and technology, has an opening in our San Antonio, TX office for a full-time entry level Civil Engineer in Training. The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks associated with municipal storm water capital projects including drainage investigations, storm water scoping reports, sizing of pipes and channels and plan review. This exciting opportunity provides amazing career growth opportunities.
The following skills will be considered for this position:
Successfully apply technical engineering planning and design skills to assigned projects.
Interact professionally with client, the public and project team members.
Effectively deal with and resolve project tasks and issues.
Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
Organize, draft, compile and coordinate production of assigned project documentation and reports.
Complete data analysis for conceptual planning and design, prepare waterway permitting applications, complete hydraulic analyses and modeling, and review transportation plans for storm water standards and NPDES compliance as required.
Conduct work in a safe manner and follow company work practices.
Civil Engineer in Training
•• Bachelor’s Degree minimum in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
• 1-3 years of experience
• Must have taken or be prepared to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam to become and Engineer in Training (EIT) within one year of employment date, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in Texas.
• Prior engineering internship experience working in a consulting capacity or in a municipality is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders. Successful candidate will be co-located with the client and work directly with the client and storm water program management team.
• Must demonstrate the ability to convey project technical information to project managers, clients and peers
• Must demonstrate organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
• Basic computer knowledge is required including the Microsoft Office Suite
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
Stantec is an EEO employer – Stantec considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States-Texas-San Antonio