Stewart & Stevenson LLC SUPERVISOR-PARTS -US in Longview, Texas
We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for daily direction and supervision of the parts department and Parts Counter Representatives.
- Oversee the daily operations of the parts department.
- Direct the activities of Parts Counter Representatives.
- Manage parts department costs to achieve margin objectives.
- Ensure the appropriate manpower and supplies are available to complete work assignments.
- Address credit and collection issues with accounting and credit departments.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Resolve customer issues and complaints.
- Establish work standards and evaluate Parts Counter Representative's performance.
- Ensure Parts Counter Representatives calculate and deliver accurate quotes to customers. Assist with complicated quotes.
- Hire, counsel, and discharge Parts Counter Representatives as necessary.
- Coordinate part needs with service shops to ensure part needs are communicated and ordered in a timely manner.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and three to seven years related experience
- Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Computer Skills Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook). Prior experience with parts/inventory computer system required, JD Edwards preferred.
Certificates & Licenses Certified and/or guild trained with partner OEM parts
Other Requirements Prior experience in a parts department required. Prior supervisory experience required.
Job ID #: 5537
Location: Longview, TX
Functional Area: Operations
Department: 152500 - LONGVIEW SERVICE
Position Type: Regular
Education Required: See Job Description
Experience Required: See Job Description