WageWorks COBRA Operations Processor I in Irving, Texas
Check out the following fantastic career opportunity!
COBRA Operations Processor I
OVERVIEW AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
Performs day-to-day clerical tasks including but not limited to word processing, Excel spreadsheets, filing, and compiling, copying, faxing, mailing, record keeping and data entry required to support smooth, quality operations within a department or division.
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- Gathers, compiles, sorts and verifies source documents to organize and streamline workflow. Verifies the accuracy of data before entering, following standard operating procedures.
- In a timely and effective manner, reads source documents and enters data in specific data fields using keyboards or scanners. This may include manually or electronically processing changes in enrollments or other benefits information for new and continuing clients as appropriate.
- Compares data with source documents in verification format to detect errors and correct them manually.
- Stores completed documents in the appropriate locations to ensure that information is intuitively and readily accessible by others.
- Communicates with clients and participants to answer questions or explain information. This may include reviewing files, records and other documents to obtain information for a response to requests regarding a benefit plan or personal participant account status/activity.
- Conducts work in a manner that is ethical by adhering to Company and department standards and policies and complying with applicable laws and regulations. Reports any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts or practices to the appropriate authorities. Maintains confidentiality of information for which this position is privy.
- On a daily and ongoing basis, receives and responds to telephone, fax or email inquires from carriers, clients and/or participants regarding status of benefits eligibility and/or account status and activity. Determines eligibility based on client specific rules and data contained in participant records and provides information as appropriate.
- Assists in resolving issues for clients. This may include performing research on client/participant issues that are moderately-complex in nature. This may also entail interacting with customer service and account management teams to resolve eligibility issues.
- Upon issue resolution, enters or changes data in the system to reflect current and correct information. Additionally, follows up with clients, participants or carriers to relay information and provide resolution within established time frames. Promotes positive client relationships.
- Reports eligibility status (active or termination) to carriers on a weekly, monthly, daily or urgent basis for applicable clients.
- Logs and records information about client/participant/carrier interactions by inputting information into Company systems and updating information in a timely and accurate manner.
- A basic understanding of computer knowledge, as required for data entry, is required. Additionally, incumbents should possess a proficient understanding of computer programs and the inherent ability to work with a proprietary administrative system.
- A general understanding and knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other basic office procedures and terminology is required. A basic understanding of computer knowledge, as required for data entry is required.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Incumbents should possess good organization skills and have good attention to detail.
- Good knowledge and understanding of flexible spending account (FSA) benefits, health saving accounts, COBRA and commuter benefits is preferred.
- Incumbents must be able to demonstrate ownership for issues pertaining to customer service questions, researching and providing solutions rather than escalating problems that can be resolved at the first point of contact.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills are required to interact positively with all levels of the organization and external contacts as described. The ability to remain customer service focused during situations in which customers may be notably frustrated.
- Incumbents must have a very good attention for details and good organizational skills.
- The ability to work extra hours as necessary during open enrollment periods and for special projects is required.
A fundamental knowledge of business, math, and English as normally obtained through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Build Your Career at WageWorks!
WageWorks enables millions of people to save money on critical expenses like healthcare, dependent care, and commuting, through Consumer-Directed Benefits, such as Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and Commuter Benefits. WageWorks is a leader in the industry serving more than 6.5 million people for over 100,000 employers, including 63% of the Fortune 500 and numerous public sector clients.
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the six Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Customer-Centric: Our Customer comes first. We aim to serve our Clients and their employees, our brokers and partners, as well as our internal customers.
Caring: People are at the heart of our company. We care about people: our Clients, our Clients’ employees and their families, our partners, and local communities, and our fellow employees at WageWorks.
Passionate: We love what we do and are passionate about delivering Consumer-Directed Benefits that save people money and enrich their lives.
Accountable: We are dedicated to making our team and the company succeed, and we are open, honest, ethical and conscientious, as we deliver on our commitments.
Leading: Our actions inspire new ideas and drive change each and every day.
Respectful: We value the diversity of our people, treat them with dignity and respect, encourage their development and reward their performance.
Why Work for WageWorks?
If you're looking for a career that provides plenty of growth opportunities, responsibility, and interesting challenges to tackle, you will find it here.
If you want to join a fast-moving, high-growth, exciting company that's a market leader, you’re looking in the right place.
But mostly, if you want to help people live happier, healthier, and more productive lives, then you’ll want to work for WageWorks.
WageWorks provides equal employment opportunity without regard to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition, veteran or military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Employment will require successful completion of a background check.
Equal Opportunity for Disabled Veterans, Recently Separated Veterans, Other Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans.
Drug free workplace.
Location: Irving, TX
Employment Type: Regular
# of Openings: 1