Volunteers of America Texas Community Service Provider in Fort Worth, Texas
VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA - Texas
Are you looking for a job that makes a difference? Do you have a passion for helping others? We may be the right organization for you: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA TEXAS.
For 100 years VOA Texas, a faith-based and non-profit organization, has operated with a mission of_ “Helping America’s Most Vulnerable Reach Their Full Potential”_through various programs throughout Texas. Programs are locally created, managed and delivered to provide a wide array of human services. YOU can be part of the passion, mission and tradition!
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROVIDER Fort Worth, TX
The Community Service Provider is responsible for providing curriculum based support groups and educational presentations for youth on drug abuse prevention in accordance with approved curriculum and contractual requirements. The Community Service Provider may also be responsible for outreach/recruitment activities designed to enlist participants for prevention programming.
- Conducts curriculum-based support groups on a weekly basis, at various program sites throughout the community.
- Documents attendance and relevant information regarding client participation in the program.
- Provides monthly summaries and reports as required.
- Assists with training of volunteers.
- Works with other agency staff to ensure client’s needs are met.
- Attends staff meetings and training.
- Performs community outreach activities designed to recruit participants for prevention programs.
- Directly recruits youth and adults for prevention programming.
- Maintains fidelity to approved curriculum and upholds production standards.
- Attends training to provide services in other areas within the department.
- High school diploma or equivalency required, plus demonstrated ability to manage classrooms and conduct structured activities. Requires a reasonable combination of the following skills and abilities: resource development, organizational skills, teaching ability, good oral and written communication skills.
- One year experience in substance abuse services and/or community outreach desirable.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of consumers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Ability to interact with staff members and community contacts
- Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust, and treats people with respect.
- Flexibility of scheduling work hours to meet the needs of the program.
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and ethical standards.
- Must have valid Texas Driver License (Must be received within 30 days of employment) and ability to be meet company insurance requirements (with satisfactory MVR record); valid Vehicle Liability if driving personal vehicle. Volunteers of America Texas offers a rich benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick time, other optional benefits and a retirement plan. VOA TX also provides some benefits for part-time employees.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today!
Title:: Community Service Provider
Starting Pay:: $14.90 hourly
Location:: Fort Worth, TX
2nd Location:: N/A
Classification:: Full-Time Hourly
Work Schedule:: 9 to 5 M-F