Amazon.com Cloud Support Engineer I – Storage and Content Delivery in Dallas, Texas
Cloud Support Engineer - Storage & Content Delivery
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems and working directly with customers. This role supports our services that focus on Storage and Content Delivery technologies including S3, SES, CloudFront, Storage Gateway, Elastic Transcoder, Glacier, and Snowball. Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn, Support, and use groundbreaking technologies
• Interact with engineers from leading technology companies around the world
• Field and manage technical customer issues via phone, chat and email
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
• Drive customer communication during critical events
• Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the AWS customer community
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or 4+ years of experience in a technical position
• 4+ years of experience in systems, Software Defined Storage (SDS) or Content Delivery Network (CDN) administration
• Experience with Linux or Windows system administration
• Experience with web-based services and applications
• Knowledge of client/server and distributed systems / Cloud architecture patterns
• Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
• Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies on a daily basis
• Experience scripting (i.e. bash, Python, PowerShell etc.)
• Understanding of Content Delivery Networks
• Experience with AWS S3, SES, CloudFront, Storage Gateway, Elastic Transcoder, Glacier, and Snowball.
• Knowledge of large-scale storage architectures and backup/DR strategies
• Experience troubleshooting filesystem, block, and object storage
• Experience operating and troubleshooting email services and SMTP
• Detailed knowledge of networking protocols and troubleshooting: DNS, HTTP, SSL, TCP
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Customer service experience / strong customer focus
• Strong multi-tasking skills
What if I’m not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
AMZR Req ID: 578413
External Company URL: www.amazon.com