Texas Health Resources Clinical Lab Assistant PRN in Dallas, Texas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is seeking a Clinical Lab Assistant PRN for their Laboratory.
• PRN “As needed”
• Variable shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays
Required Minimum Education:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Prefer: Completion of one semester course in Phlebotomy
Required Minimum Experience:
• Highly Prefer: 6 months experience as a phlebotomist
• Completion of a one semester course in phlebotomy preferred
• Prefer: PBT (ASCP)
• Venipuncture with all age groups Customer service skills, keyboard skills and use of personal computer
Job Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
• Collects, handles, and labels all specimens in accordance with PHD lab policies
• Collects specimens and returns them to the lab in a timely fashion
• Performs "hard sticks" when patient care areas are unable to obtain a specimen
• Wears name badge visibly. Introduces self to the patient by name and explains collection procedure in a clear, concise, and courteous manner
• Identifies patient carefully according to laboratory policy using two identifiers
• Uses hospital safety equipment as described in procedures and laboratory safety policy
• Ensures that all tests ordered by health care provider are collected and ordered in LIS
• Receives, processes and attaches internal labels according to lab policies
• Enters all data into the computer accurately and completely on all specimens
• Ensures proper requisition (Cerner label) is used and all needed information is provided
• Performs pending report reconciliation
• Submits quality assurance data or forms as required
• Maintains documentation as required on AM draw sheets, stat draws, and telephone log
• Seeks opportunities to suggest and implement improvements
• Attends staff meetings regularly
• Immediately reports malfunctioning equipment to the supervisor or manager
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.