BH Management Services Inc. Maintenance Supervisor (HVAC) - Carrollton, TX Area in Carrollton, Texas
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR* - CARROLLTON, TX AREA*
(HVAC Certification Required)
(3) Weeks PTO in 1st year
Birthday – paid day off
Volunteer time off each year
Medical Benefits – 1st of month following 30 days
401k + match – 1st quarter after 90 days
Come join our growing community of Maintenance Supervisors!
As the Maintenance Technician Supervisor you would have a vital role in the community and maintenance staff. You would be responsiblefor overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs, apartment make-readies, preventive maintenance and construction or rehabilitation projects for the property. .
About BH Management:
BH Management’s roots date back to 1993 when Harry Bookey formed the company with a roster of just five apartment communities. Today, our founder continues to lead the firm, serving as inspiration for its 1,600-plus employees. BH Management currently has over 220 communities spread over multiple states and is continuously growing. This ranks BH Management Services 12th out of the 50 largest management companies in the United States. What may be less obvious, however, is how we got here. Our guiding principles are simple and direct. First, invest in employees—they are the front line of our team and the foundation of our success. Second, go above and beyond to satisfy customers.
Essential Job Functions
General Property Duties
- Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs of the internal and external customer. Represents the company in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assists with monitoring of resident satisfaction and ensures follow up on the results by property maintenance staff.
- Completes weekly/daily maintenance employee schedules and assignments in tandem with Property Manager.
- Communicates assignments and major tasks to employees – ensures they have all the instructions and tools necessary to complete assignments properly.
- Periodically checks the work progress of each maintenance employee. Provides immediate assistance and instruction as needed.
- Coordinates, schedules, and responds to resident/management requests and Service Request for occupied apartments.
- Uses service request system and schedules to establish priorities. Determines with Property Manager and/or Regional Maintenance Supervisor, requests or emergencies that should be top priority. Assigns Service Requests equally to maintenance staff. Monitors the completion of Service Requests in order to limit callbacks.
- Oversee and ensure that established preventative maintenance programs are implemented, followed and documented per BH program guidelines.
- On a regular basis must use independent judgment (following prescribed procedures) to determine actions to be taken, priorities, emergencies, etc.
- Must be able to deal with moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines, reprioritizing activities and supervising employees.
- Responsible for the daily upkeep of the grounds and appearance of the property.
- Keeps abreast of relevant industry issues, government regulations and restrictions concerning maintenance procedures and incorporates them into planning and decision-making.
- Has a complete understanding and working knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the upkeep and security of all property-issued tools.
- This job description does not provide an all-encompassing list of duties, there may be a need to perform other duties as assigned.
- Repairs/replaces appliances.
- Repairs/replaces plumbing systems.
- Repairs/replaces air conditioning/heating/electrical systems.
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests within scope of management responsibility.
- Monitors the number of times a specific repair must be repeated. Determines course of action.
- Assists with coordinating, scheduling, and performing preventive maintenance on equipment and apartments.
- Handles the diagnosis of building/construction deficiencies and communicates resolutions to Property Manager and/or Regional Manager.
- Assists with interior/exterior rehabilitation and construction projects.
Make Ready Duties
- Works with the office team and Property Manager (i.e., walking apartments, move-in/move-out reports, etc.). Determine weekly apartment make-ready and Service Request schedules. Report apartments that are ready to show to the Property Manager.
- Coordinates, schedules, and prepares vacant apartments for move-in.
- Walks all vacant units to determine make-ready needs. Coordinate effort with Property Manager to make schedule and assignments. If major appliances or carpets need replacing, discusses with Property Manager before taking action.
- Ensures all repairs/replacements necessary for apartment to be occupied are completed.
- Ensures all trash from apartments are cleaned out before, during and after make-ready activity.
Hiring, Training and Mentoring Staff
- Participates in the maintenance staff hiring process in conjunction with the Property Manager.
- Coordinates and schedules appropriate safety and skill training for maintenance employees.
- Assesses training needs of employees and along with the Property Manager and Regional Maintenance Supervisor or other authorized personnel. Provides input for training programs.
- Provides one-on-one training to employees that may need to polish current skills or wish to learn new skills. Prepares, trains, and encourages all levels of maintenance staff for the opportunity to be promoted.
- Provides initial safety and safety equipment training for all new employees.
- Assists, identifies and corrects hazardous community conditions.
- Assists with touring property daily to look for needed maintenance and liability hazards and reports to Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor. Repair hazards or assign completion of these tasks to the maintenance team.
- Secure storage/pool areas, check timers and listen for electrical shorts and malfunctioning motors.
- May assist in periodically completing written property safety audits.
- Attends and participates inBH’s training programs as required.
Ordering and Maintaining Supplies
- Responsible for ordering supplies and managing maintenance budget with approval from Property Manager.
- Works with Property Manager along with input from maintenance staff, determines supplies and equipment needs. Must get approval from Property Manager prior to placing orders for major expenditures and unbudgeted items.
- Available as needed to pick up supplies and inventory items from approved vendors.
- Assists with providing input to Property Manager, Regional Maintenance Supervisor and Regional Manager in determining needs for next fiscal year budget.
- Responsible for overall organization and cleanliness of work areas and maintenance shops.
On-Call and Emergencies
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team; responds to resident service requests within 24 hours.
- Assists with hazardous weather problems, fires, floods, snow removal, freezes, etc.
- CAMT preferred or ability to obtain
- HVAC certification preferred (most industry certifications accepted) or ability to obtain
- HVAC, supply purchasing and bidding experience helpful
- E.P.A Certification required (Type II – domestic HVAC systems)
- E.P.A 410A certification preferred or ability to obtain
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) required
- Working knowledge of Microbial Growth preferred
- Knowledge of building maintenance and repair
- Knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to gain knowledge of, local, state, and federal building codes and compliance issues and the ability to ensure building code compliance
- Working knowledge of building maintenance, repair, and preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems, large and small appliance repair
- High School or GED (General Education Diploma) preferred
- Regular attendance, punctuality and dependability required
- A minimum of two years or more of progressive maintenance and safety experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of two years or more experience with all major types of heating and air conditioning
- Strongly preferred that candidate have at least two years or more of experience with a construction background including, but not limited to: foundations, framing, roofing, plumbing and electrical
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation may be required based upon specific property needs
Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job functions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work functions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and institute BH and industry standards
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
Physical Requirements/Demands: * * The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Temperature/Climate: This position will work in various indoor and outdoor environments based on the tasks that need to be completed.
*Safety Considerations: * This position will regularly use hand tools, motor-powered tools/equipment and cleaning equipment and may operate company vehicles. May work in a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals. The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions that include one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, mold or mildew. BH requires all personnel who work with or around all chemicals and/or other substances to follow all company and industry safety standards. The worker may be required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
*Physical/Mental/Organizational Capabilities: * The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs and lift, carry, push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds; maximum of 100 pounds with assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; squat; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. In all cases where lifting is required assistance should be requested and proper lifting equipment should be worn/used. The ability to pay attention to detail, problem solve, troubleshoot, and make decisions is required
*Personal Protective Equipment necessary: *Affected employees are required to use/wear PPE such as, safety goggles, splash shield, gloves, etc.
*Visual/Hearing Capabilities: *The visual ability necessary to read and interpret a computer screen is required. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment. The hearing ability necessary to communicate with others is required. The individual must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with employees and customers on all levels of the organization.
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedules may vary). Some over-time may be required including “on-call” and/or rotating “on-call” responsibilities.
At BH our employees and their well-being are important to us. This is why we offer a comprehensive and valued benefits package to fit the individual needs of each employee and their family. Some of the benefits we offer include:
Your Health Plans:
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Your Money Management:
- 401(K) Retirement Savings Plan with Company match
- Direct Deposit
Your Work Life Balance:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday
- Competitive compensation and earnings potential
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Training/mentoring programs
- Internal opportunities for career advancements
- Educational Reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
Location: Carrollton, TX Area
Job Code: Maintenance Supervis
# of openings: 1