Collabera Mac support engineer in Austin, Texas
Mac support engineer
Job Code:mac Support_3743
Location: Austin, TX - 78759
Duration: 6 months (Possible extension or conversion)
Role: Mac Support engineer
With the growing community of Mac Users on our network, we require expert Mac Technical Support whose primary role would entail Tier 2 Mac workstation and network solutions for Helpdesk and Onsite Techs. Daily activity would be troubleshooting production issues and identifying user trends that require solutions. Tier3 Mac engineers will be able to assist this role when solutions prove too complex.
• Providing point of contact for support and maintenance of Mac users in an Enterprise Solution.
• Solid experience with imaging and deployment of macOS devices.
• Working knowledge of enterprise wide rollouts of yearly operating system updates.
• Extensive troubleshooting knowledge of 3rd party software.
• Assisting with supply accountability control of equipment and consumable items.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills with proven ability to work in fast paced environments
• Excellent organizational/administrative/technical skills with agility to re-prioritize as necessary
• Highly-skilled in troubleshooting macOS, Windows, and mobile devices
• Experience in supporting Apple devices in an enterprise Active Directory environment
• Comfortable with support of Advanced Users and Software Developers
Areas of benefit for the Candidate:
• Understanding of 802.1x network authentication. Exposure to Cisco ISE would be beneficial.
• Experience with Bigfix, munki, Autopkg a plus.
• Experience in high security, enterprise level deployments of Apple devices in an Active Directory environment.
• Experience with Apple DEP and VPP programs.
• Experience with Apple MDM management solutions. JAMF Pro preferred.
• Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
• 3-5 years experience required .
o Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
o Self-starter able to work and prioritize with minimal supervision.
Mac Support, Troubleshooting, Active Directories